I just found this whole series on NPR on Postmortem Death Investigation in America. Lots of interesting stories!
Tagged: Postmortem RSS
Postmortem Options: A Workshop on the Dead Body
hosted by the Decompiculture Society
Tuesday Jan 25, 20116-8:30pm
MIT, Wiesner Building, Room E15-207
20 Ames Street, Cambridge
Join the Decompiculture Society for a free workshop exploring new and traditional technologies in the funeral industry. Presentations on options of burial, cremation and alternatives will be given by a diverse group of representatives, including:
- Joe Sehee, Green Burial Council
- Emma Crossen and Nancy Accola, Funeral Consumers Alliance of Eastern Massachusetts
- Captain Brad White, New England Burials at Sea, LLC
- Ruth Faas, Mourning Dove Studio
- Paul Harrington, Licensed Funeral Director and Former Manager, Forest Hills Crematory
- Jae Rhim Lee, Infinity Burial Project
This workshop is sponsored by the MIT Program in Art, Culture and Technology and the Decompiculture Society, a newly formed group that promotes death awareness and acceptance and the cultivation of decomposing organisms. The Decompiculture Society is a component of the Infinity Burial Project, an art/design project by Jae Rhim Lee, with funding from the Creative Capital Foundation.
Contact: Jae Rhim Lee, jrlee (at) mit (dot) edu, 617-710-4188